Sunday, July 26, 2009

Beach Vacation























We spent a few days at the beach (June 29-July 3). We camped in our pop-up camper and my mom slept in a tent. My daughter-in-law, Melissa, stayed with us a few nights and our son, Justin visited for a few hours one evening. The campground was nice and we were lucky to get a large camp site in front of a pond. It was full of HUGE catfish that we fed from the bridge and there were geese and ducks too. I have to admit that they became a little annoying! The goose acted like he was a guard dog for the baby ducks and if you got too close, he came after you!! One day, I was sitting out by the pond in a chair and the ducks and the goose came for a visit...I got some bread and started feeding them and the crazy goose ran up to me and I thought he was going to attack me...he got WAY too close! That was only the first of several "attacks"...
Dalton absolutely LOVED the whole trip!! He liked camping and being outside so much. He loved playing in the water!! We went to either the ocean or the intracoastal waterway everyday and we went boating one day. I think he would have stayed in the water all day if we'd let him! He was totally exhausted by the end of each day.
The only downside to the trip was the weather...EXTREMELY HOT and HUMID!!! I think it was the hottest week of the summer. Mid-day was almost unbearable. Our pop-up has an AC, but it couldn't cool very well during the hottest part of the day and who wants to sit inside a little pop-up all day anyway? Nights were nice...usually had a nice breeze and the AC worked great too!
Too bad Brianna was at camp and couldn't be with us. Other than that it was great!





2 comments:

  1. Oh, I forgot to mention that Dalton turned 2 while we were at the beach (july 2) and we had a small cake for him. The icing got so hot, it started running off the cake within a few minutes of taking it outside:)
    It had an octopus on it and he loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts. We are hot here also.
    I wish we could come and tour your state
    some day ( who knows what the future may
    bring ). That little baby Dalton is two !
    You have a letter coming soon. Miss you

    ReplyDelete