Friday, January 30, 2009

"Birth" Day


We have a new "kid" in the family! My goat, "Nanny Mae", finally gave birth to an adorable little kid. Unfortunately, after waiting anxiously and trying to keep a close eye on her so I could attend the event, I missed it:( I had an appointment and just as I was leaving, my husband announced that she was giving birth. If I had known it would happen so quickly, I would have waited a few minutes! I'm not sure if it's a boy or girl, but it's so cute! I was hoping for 2 kids, but mom was probably happy about a single!

Yesterday was also my dad's birthday...so it helped to have something good happen. Ok, don't laugh, but I plan to name the kid after my dad. He would think that was SO funny! He probably would have made a big deal about it being born on his birthday--a good day for "old goats" or something comical like that. As soon as I find out the sex of the kid, I'll name it. "Buddy" if it's a boy and "Carly" if it's a girl. My dad's name was "Carl Haywood" but everyone called him "Bud".

Sure do miss you, Dad!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new "Kid" in the family. I guess since I am mostly a city "folk", I have never actually witnessed something like this. You will have to let us know what you name him/her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! Go figure that a goat can be cute, but he / she really is cute. You are quite the country girl. I am afraid of our chickens!
    They are mean little birds. Dean has to gather the eggs or I would let them sit. I hope the kid is a him goat. Your dad looks
    like a "Bud". I can see how he got the nick-name. I have a friend that raised her baby on goat milk. She drove to a dairy in Salt Lake City every day, after working a full day (and more ) at her job. It was very important to her that he have fresh goats milk every day. Keep us posted on that kid!

    ReplyDelete