Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Welcome...

Hi to everyone! I am beginning this blog at the suggestion of a new friend and because it sounds like fun. I live in Eastern NC, about 50 miles from the coast. As I write this first post, it is snowing here...very rare for us! It looks beautiful!
I have been a stay-at-home mom for the past 19 years. I have 3 children--22, 20, and 17--and a grandson. We are in our 15th year of homeschooling. Of course, the oldest two boys have graduated from our school and only my daughter is left. She is a senior this year. In addition to homeschooling her, I babysit my 18 month old grandson. This will be a "big" year for me, since I will complete my homeschool "career" and move on to something else. I'm not sure what?!
My husband is a minister and also works for my family in an electrical business.
I have always enjoyed gardening and raising various animals. Currently, we have 3 dogs, 6 chickens, and 2 goats. Oh, and a fish aquarium. I also have a greenhouse in my backyard. Unfortunately, I don't use it as much as I'd like to.
I am currently on a mission to lose weight and improve my health!! And it is proving to be a slow and difficult mission, indeed.

3 comments:

  1. I love this blog ! You have such a great
    writting style and sense of humor. You have
    been teaching for so many years maybe tutoring ( I should be your first student).
    Your grandson is so cute, I hope to see a
    snow pic soon. Stay strong on your health.
    That is the HARDEST mission of them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to pop in and say HI, Cabin Fever is my mom and she has told me a bit about you. I love that you have decided to start a blog, I have found that even though I am not a consistent blogger I love that I have somewhere to write what I am thinking. I have met a few very nice, interesting and fun people as well.Welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! I think this will be a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to meeting some really interesting and nice people too. I never would have even thought of starting this if it wasn't for your mom's suggestion.

    ReplyDelete